Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Anatomy of A Gingerbread Man


I have decided that, in the spirit of the season, I shall do my first blog post centered around this photo of some "ginger people" that I had the fun time creating! I feel like the Muffin Woman (who was the wife of the guy that lived on Drury Lane, but no one cared about her *tisk tisk*)... And in the spirit of gingerbread, I just finished watching Shrek 2, which is hilarious!!! and has Gingy and Mongo in it. For those of you who haven't seen it a million times, Mongo is the gigantic gingerbread creation that the Muffin Man makes to help them to break into the castle at the end of the movie. Good story:) Anyways, making all these wonderful gingerbread creations in my kitchen was great fun. I'm not much of a baker, but I guess if you have enough help from Pillsbury and Duncan Hines, anything is possible. ;-) But let's go back to the beginning. WHY am I making and decorating all the cookies? Well, its a competition between me and a very close friend of mine. So, I decided to make a gingerbread couple along with the rest of the cookies that I decorated. This is a very close-up macro, so you can see the details of thier "outfits" and you can tell who is the man and who is the woman. I liked this view of them better than the straight on, just from an artistic standpoint. And I also like that you can see all the shiny sprinkles and gel :) Well, I hope that everyone (HAH thats funny.....) enjoys this photo as much as Santa would enjoy eating them~!

Happy Holidays,
Rachel


9 Days til Christmas!!!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com